POSITION OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Research, write, and submit successful proposals/whitepapers applications to federal entities such as DoD, NIH, and NSF.
- Solid track record of grant writing success
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Skilled at synthesizing large amounts of information to form a cohesive piece of writing
- Superb attention to detail
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Outlook
- Must provide proof of ability to work in the U.S.
- Able to work full time on site M-F 9:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (sorry, no telecommuters or contractors)
- Course work in psychology or other biological/health science
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop
- Familiarity with MedLine and PsychInfo
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying solicitation announcements, and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Coordinates proposal requirements with national and international collaborators.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying existing sources and conducting literature research to fill knowledge gaps.
- Develops proposal by writing and editing proposal sections including objectives, outcomes, deliverables, methods, and timetable.
- Contributes proposal status information to review meetings and transmits proposals.
- Maintains high-quality results by using templates and following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
9565 Waples Street, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92121
Primary Phone: (858) 642-0267